(Asmara) 10 July 2018 – State of war has come to an end, the two nations will forge close political, economic, social, cultural & security cooperation. Trade, economic and diplomatic ties will resume. The boundary decision will be implemented. Both nations will work on regional peace. (11) AGREEMENTS:
1. Eritrean high level political and public delegations will travel to Tigrai and Afar regional state at the end of this month.
2. Air transport between Asmara and Addis Ababa will be started at the end of August.
3. Bus transport between Addis and Asmara, between Asmara & Mekelle, will be started in early August.
4. Ethiopian artist will present a music festival in Asmara on the eve of 2011( in geez calendar).
5. Eritrean artists will present their music festival in Addis, Jimma, Hawassa, Mekele, and Bahirdar(date will be announced soon)
6. Eritrea will send two teams of Ashenda to Mekelle and Axum.
7. Port of Assab will be open for Ethiopia with fair tax at the end of September 2018 or in the early October.
8.No visa will be required to enter into Eritrea starting the end of September 2018.
9. Eritrea will open the embassy in Addis Ababa in the early September 2018, and Consulate office in Mekelle, Bahirdar, and Jimma.
10. Eritrea will release all prisoners including top war prisoners and pilots.
11. In the next 5 years, Eritrea will be connected with Ethiopia by railway via Massawa- Asmara-Mekelle-Semera-Adama-Addis (further study will be made soon).
United Nations chief Antonio Guterres said on Monday that the rapprochement between Ethiopia and Eritrea was “illustrative of a new wind of hope blowing across Africa”.